- Opportunity to work for a highly regarded in-house legal team
- Close knit and supportive group with excellent engagement scores
- Work flexibly in a hybrid role
About the role:
The energy industry is undergoing a radical transformation. As one of Australia’s largest generators and retailers of energy, we are stepping up to ‘light the way’ towards a cleaner future.
Reporting to the Head of Legal, Customer and Technology, we have an opportunity available for a Legal Counsel to join our Legal and Governance team where you will manage and support the day-to-day legal requirements and strategic projects for the Customer Business.
Our supportive and flexible team culture will help you thrive both professionally and personally so you can enjoy leading your own work, being adaptive, having fun with your colleagues and collaborating utilising your own style to achieve positive business outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive, commercial and solutions-focused legal advice on a broad range of matters, including marketing & sales, development of new products and services, drafting contracts and terms and conditions, regulatory compliance matters, privacy, competition & consumer law, brand & IP and strategic initiatives;
- Able to manage competing priorities and deadlines while maintaining high quality work;
- Share knowledge and training with the Customer Business and the Legal team; and
- Maintain close working relationships with stakeholders to support transformative initiatives across the Customer business.
You will come with a Law degree and current practicing certificate as well as 3-5 years relevant post-qualification legal experience with a reputable Australian law firm or large corporate.
As our ideal candidate you will come with experience giving advice on some or all of the following: marketing & sales, drafting contracts, regulatory compliance matters, privacy, competition & consumer law, brand & IP and strategic initiatives and will also present with strong communication and stakeholder management skills where you can demonstrate your ability to influence at all levels of hierarchy across the business. Prior experience in the retail energy sector would be advantageous but not essential.
In addition to your technical skills, you will be able to combine “big-picture” and strategic thinking with being detail focused and capable of spotting issues.
At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. As an employee you can enjoy such benefits as:
- Awarded Winner 2022 Best Place To Work List
- Energise Program - flexible working that is team centric enabling all individuals to agree and succeed together
- 2 paid recharge days
- Health and well-being program – online yoga, pilates and Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteer days off to help charities make a difference through volunteering and workplace giving schemes
- Access LinkedIN Learning in-house free training platform for professional development
- Option to purchase additional annual leave – up to 5 additional weeks per year
- Excellent company culture, down-to-earth and friendly organisation - be authentic, bring your whole self to work!
- We have an internal mobility program where our employees career development comes first
- Employee discount on your electricity and gas, discounts on major brands and products
- Generous 20-week new family leave policy
- State-of-the-art Melbourne office, stunning views only 3-4 minute walk from Southern Cross station
How to Apply
If you’re ready to join us ‘doing - not just dreaming’ towards a sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy future for all, click the 'Apply’ button or for a confidential chat, please contact Marita Beus via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTQ+ employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.
If you have any specific questions during the application process about Diversity and Inclusion, Trans and Gender Diverse inclusion, leave entitlements, our support services, flexible working arrangements, or any other issue, feel free to reach out to Tom Woolfe – Organisational Development Lead (email@example.com) or Katie Le Page – Talent Acquisition Leader (firstname.lastname@example.org). To learn more about our inclusive policies visit our careers website https://www.energyaustralia.com.au/about-us/careers/careers-energyaustralia