The energy industry is undergoing a radical transformation. As one of Australia’s largest generators of electricity, we are stepping up to ‘light the way’ towards a cleaner energy future.
The Information and Analytics Centre of Excellence provides innovative and fit for purpose business and technical solutions to support and enable effective information management and analytics for the business.
About the role
This is a 6 month daily rate contract role. The purpose of this role is to support the design, build, test and deployment of ETL and Analytics solutions (On Prem Oracle and in Cloud – AWS). You will assist in leading (cloud) data engineering solutions as per approved programs and the IT Strategy.
- Development on the AWS-based data solutions aligning to the platform standards.
- Design, develop and implement ETL solutions optimized to run in a cloud environment.
- Create data mappings, data modelling, data profiling, query design, data flow design etc.
- Ensure data is engineered according to standards and made available as for business use.
- Support data engineering solutions to achieve business requirements.
- Ensuring that developed services are running seamlessly.
- Work with key vendors to ensure understanding of and alignment with the chosen framework
What we’re looking for:
To be successful in securing this role you have:
- The ideal candidate will have proven and significant experience in delivering data engineering solutions.
- Extensive experience in Cloud Technologies - AWS Platform.
- Extensive experience and relevant skills / exposure in cloud engineering / analytics tools and applications (ETL - EMR, Databricks, DB – Dynamo DB, Redshift, Orchestration – Airflow etc).
- Experience in DataLake, Data-Warehouse platforms and components like S3/ EC2, Lambda, StepFunction is highly desirable.
- Experience in agile concepts and an agile mindset.
- Extensive experience with ETL frameworks, development lifecycle and testing competency.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities (think out of the box)
How to Apply
If you’re ready to join us ‘Doing - Not Just Dreaming’ towards a sustainable, reliable and affordable energy future for all click, the 'Apply’ button or for a career conversation, please contact Kavita Bhatia – Talent Acquisition Lead
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.