The energy industry is undergoing a radical transformation. As one of Australia’s largest generators of electricity, we are stepping up to ‘light the way’ towards a cleaner energy future.
Our Vision with OT
We’re making a significant investment in expanding our Operational Technology (OT) cyber security workforce to meet current and future threats. This includes roles from early career to senior level for those with experience in one or more or industrial control system (ICS) (DCS, SIS, PLC, SCADA etc.), operational technologies (OT) (LAN and WAN networking infrastructure, virtualisation, servers, Workstations), and industrial cyber security (compliance, assurance, vulnerability management, security architecture, threat hunting, forensics).
4x Newly Created Opportunities
The OT maturity uplift program has been developed in collaboration with Operations Business Unit and Group Cyber Security based on an evaluation of current OT systems risk, group and local standards and best practices.
In order to drive this program, we now have 4 newly created roles that we’re now hiring for:
- OT Project Engineer (Mt Piper, Yallourn or Newport Power Station - Permanent role)
- Senior OT Project Engineer (Yallourn or Tallawarra Power Station - Permanent role)
- Central OT Engineer (Melbourne or Sydney - Permanent role)
- Senior Central OT Engineer (Melbourne - Permanent role)
OT Project Engineering: The OT Project Engineering roles will initially be part of the Operations OT Cyber Security Project team that is charged with delivering a structured program of OT maturity improvement activities across our suite of operating assets.
Central OT Engineering: The Central OT Engineer roles will support the development and execution of a structured program of OT maturity improvement activities across EA’s operating assets. They will also provide technical support to site-based engineering support across the Asset Portfolio.
All roles support achieving and sustaining a step change risk reduction and uplift OT systems and processes in accordance with our OT Cyber Security Policy and Standard and to ensure compliance with statutory obligations, including the Critical Infrastructure Reform Legislation.
Activity will be drawn from formal gap assessments completed in relation to cyber security standards and best practices. Activity will include a range of OT cyber security related improvements, from remediation solution design, project engineering / management, developing new and revised operations and assurance procedures and documenting existing systems and processes.
Required capabilities, qualifications, and experience
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering (Electrical, Software, Process Controls), Information Technology or equivalent, with demonstrated relevant heavy-industrial experience
- OT Cybersecurity certifications are desirable, but not essential
- Good knowledge and experience with industrial process controls and OT systems across asset-intensive operations
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience relating to design and configuration, plant process controls / automation, industrial networking of OT in heavy industry settings
- Knowledge of OEM architectures and asset management in the OT environment
- Foundational understanding of industrial cyber security risk, control, and recovery measures in heavy industry (preferably a regulated industry or critical infrastructure)
- Working knowledge of Australian Critical Infrastructure Reforms as they relate to OT systems in the electricity energy sector
- Understanding and exposure to Instrumentation and Controls environments whilst overlaying with an OT/Cyber Security lens.
Key to the success of this role will be collaborating with the broader Operations team to develop fit-for-purpose solutions that are sustainable for the long term
Applicants’ professional development, where suitable, will be supported through mentoring, site placements, training, and certification, and additional post-graduate study where applicable.
How to Apply
If you’re ready to ‘light the way’ towards your next career move, click the 'Apply’ button, or for a confidential conversation, please contact Adam DeCaria – Talent Acquisition Lead via email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Closing 26th June)
Please note, the Pandemic (Workplace) Order 2022 (No. 8) issued by the Victorian Minister for Health on 12 April 2022, applies to all Victorian EnergyAustralia workers. Consequently, offers of employment for Victorian EnergyAustralia roles are conditional upon the successful candidate being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (or fully vaccinated including a booster vaccine) at the time of formal offer, or having a recognised medical exemption at the time of offer and providing satisfactory evidence of the same.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTQ+ employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.
If you have any specific questions during the application process about Diversity and Inclusion, Trans and Gender Diverse inclusion, leave entitlements, our support services, flexible working arrangements, or any other issue, feel free to reach out to Tom Woolfe – Organisational Development Lead (email@example.com) or Katie Le Page – Talent Acquisition Leader (firstname.lastname@example.org). To learn more about our inclusive policies visit our careers website https://www.energyaustralia.com.au/about-us/careers/careers-energyaustralia