EnergyAustralia provides smart, innovative energy solutions. To enable our customers to engage with us more effectively, we’re growing our internal team of front-end, back-end, and full-stack developers to help us expand our digital capability and deliver easy and effortless digital experiences.
About the team
The team is a cross-functional blend of front end, back end and full stack developers, who manage and own their applications from cloud infrastructure and services to CSS and design. Each team also has UI /UX, BA, Testers and Scrum Masters to support delivery.
You’ll be responsible for leading a small team of Developers within a Scrum team to deliver high quality digital solutions to enhance our customer experience. You’ll be a Servant Leader, allowing your team creative input while ensuring quality outcomes and advocating for best practice delivery.
This is a collaborative environment where we work to the Agile principles, focusing on our customer and evaluating our backlog of work including our technical debt for value.
We have experimented and innovated using technology including OpenIDConnect, Docker, Fargate, Serverless/Lambda, Angular 8 and reactive programming including NgRX.
What we’re looking for:
To be successful in this role and environment, you’ll be passionate about your work and delivering outcomes for the customer and the business. You’re approachable, can connect with people and contribute to the culture in a positive and meaningful way.
- Must have strong experience and ability to design solutions to complex Business problems
- Strong development skills in one or more of:
- Apache Airflow
- AWS componentry such as SFTP, Lambda, Kafka/MSK
- Must have a strong understanding of DevOps concepts and use including CI/CD platforms and practices
- Experience in automation and testing tools and frameworks such as Testcafe, Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber, jUnit, mUnit etc.
- Must have extensive experience in developing web services (i.e. SOAP and REST)
- Must have experience in integrating with API & File transfer platforms such as MuleSoft, Axway, AWS SFTP, AWS Lamba, Apache Kafka etc
- Must have strong experience in leading integration development teams of more than 5, preferably in multiple team configurations and matrix organisations
- Should have strong experience in integration development (at least 5+ years)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and able to provide technical leadership to team
- Ability to maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing and enforcing good practices and controls
- Ability to communicate clearly with key business stakeholders & system users
- Ability to be flexible to changing business needs and processes
- Tertiary qualifications in IT discipline
- Solid background working with integration technologies at the implementation level, demonstrated over at least 10 years
- Leadership of development teams / resources of more than 5 with multiple teams preferred
- Experience managing vendor resources
About Energy Australia
At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. As an employee you can enjoy some of our benefits across;
- Employee discount on your electricity and gas, discounts on major brands and products
- Volunteer days off to help charities to make a difference through volunteering and workplace giving schemes
- Awarded Winner 2021 Best Place To Work List
- Excellent company culture, down-to-earth and friendly organisation - be authentic, bring your whole self to work!
- Genuine career development – we have an internal mobility program where our employees come first
- Inhouse Cafe and Tech Bar
- Health and well-being program – online yoga, palliates and Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
If you’re ready to join us ‘doing - not just dreaming’ towards a sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy future for all, click the 'Apply’ button to start your career at EnergyAustralia.
Please note, the Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Workers) Order 2022 (No. 2) issued by the Victorian Minister for Health on 12 January 2022, applies to all Victorian EnergyAustralia workers. Consequently, offers of employment for Victorian EnergyAustralia roles are conditional upon the successful candidate being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (or fully vaccinated including a booster vaccine) at the time of formal offer, or having a recognised medical exemption at the time of offer and providing satisfactory evidence of the same.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTQ+ employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.
If you have any specific questions during the application process about Diversity and Inclusion, Trans and Gender Diverse inclusion, leave entitlements, our support services, flexible working arrangements, or any other issue, feel free to reach out to Tom Woolfe – Organisational Development Lead (email@example.com) or Katie Le Page – Talent Acquisition Leader (firstname.lastname@example.org). To learn more about our inclusive policies visit our careers website https://www.energyaustralia.com.au/about-us/careers/careers-energyaustralia