At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. As an employee you can enjoy some of our benefits across:
- Health and well-being program – online yoga, Pilates and Employee Assistance Program
- Energise Program whereby flexibility that is team centric enabling all individuals to agree and succeed tighter
- Excellent company culture, down-to-earth and friendly organisation - be authentic, bring your whole self to work!
- 2 paid recharge days
- Employee discount on your electricity and gas, discounts on major brands and products
- Rich community history & participation in local events that fosters EnergyAustralia being an “Employer of choice”
EnergyAustralia is actively transitioning its portfolio – we are doing not just talking. In the last year we have made substantial investment commitments across utility storage (lithium ion and pumped hydro) and flexible gas/hydrogen generation, all of which will support a high renewables grid. This is a role at the pointy end of market transition, with an opportunity to directly influence the development of new utility scale storage and pumped hydro assets, with a particular focus on our developments in NSW.
About the Role
Preferably located at Mt. Piper Power Station, between Lithgow & Bathurst, NSW, on the traditional lands of the Wiradjuri people, however the role allows the flexibility of working remotely and can be on site (near Lithgow) if required.
As the Environment Licencing and Approvals Specialist, your purpose will be to:
- Coordinate the gaining of Environmental and Planning Approvals for major projects including subsidiary licences, approvals and management plans as required, for the Lake Lyell Pumped Hydro Energy Storage Project.
- Assist with modifications & variations to existing authorisations for Mt Piper Power Station and other EnergyAustralia assets in NSW and other States as required
- Consult with NSW environment and planning regulators in relation to obtaining relevant licences and approvals that support the business and prepare suitable materials and documentation to facilitate these engagement activities.
- Coordinate the field works and access to Project areas as required.
- Manage and lead environmental assessments and preparation of Environmental Impact Statements to support new projects and modifications to existing approvals
Due to the nature of this role, we are seeking candidates with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications at minimum Degree Level in Science, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline and/or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Experience in obtaining environmental licences and approvals in either energy, mining or other heavy industry
- Consultation with government agencies including the EPA, DPE, WaterNSW, RMS and other agencies as required
- Project management capability with demonstrated success managing environmental planning and approval processes and external consultants / specialists, ensuring project deliverables are managed to time and within budget.
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders, such as local residents, government officials, regulatory and licencing authorities, Worksafe.
- Demonstrated experience in managing elements of environmental risk through an Environmental Management System. Experience in ISO 14001 would be highly regarded
- Experience in negotiating successful outcomes in sensitive situations with a range of different stakeholders.
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application. For a confidential discussion, please contact via email Paula.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees, to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome!