At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. As an employee you can enjoy some of our benefits across;
- Employee discount on your electricity and gas, discounts on major brands and products
- Volunteer days off to help charities to make a difference through volunteering and workplace giving schemes
- Energise Program whereby flexibility that is team centric enabling all individuals to agree and succeed tighter
- Access LinkedIN Learning in-house free training platform for professional development
- Awarded Winner 2021 Best Place To Work List
- Excellent company culture, down-to-earth and friendly organisation - be authentic, bring your whole self to work!
- 2 paid recharge days
- Health and well-being program – online yoga, palliates and Employee Assistance Program
- State-of-the-art brand new Melbourne office building, 3-5 min walk from Southern Cross station
About the role
Project Manager is responsible for the effective planning and execution of projects and business initiatives that form part of the overall transformation plan to agreed time, cost and quality measures. For project planning and delivery, the project manager will report to the Project Leader accountable for the business outcomes.
What we’re looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in Project or Business management
- Accreditation from PMI (PMP) or AIPM (CPM or CPPD) or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of projects and the implementation of major business and/or service delivery initiatives involving a significant degree of change (people, processes and culture)
- A track record of delivering results in dynamic and changing business environments via the application of highly developed strategic planning and project/program management skills
- Proven relationship management, negotiation & influencing skills with the ability to effectively communicate with staff and management at all levels
- Superior understanding & demonstrated experience in best practice project management including scope, time, cost, quality, people, communications, cost, risk, procurement, integration and benefits management
- Experience in Project Management within a medium to large size corporate (Desired)
- Experience of agile project methodology (Desired)
- Experience in utilities industry would be of benefit but not mandatory (Desired)
Your key areas of responsibilities will be to:
- Creating and managing the delivery schedule to ensure the release is delivered according to the agreed outcomes and timeframes.
- Defining and managing a project budget aligned to schedule and scope.
- Defining the projects quality criteria and ensuring the required acceptance criteria are defined.
- Identification of all project risks and ensuring an effective risk management plan is in place including risk triggers and treatments.
- Delivering the project outcomes in the agreed timeline.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to influence a broad range of stakeholders
- Strong compliance background with an ability to work within and across multiple streams/projects
- Management of all vendors to ensure they are involved in the planning process and then execute and deliver a quality outcome according to agreed contracts.
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
Please note, the Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Workers) Order 2022 (No. 2) issued by the Victorian Minister for Health on 12 January 2022, applies to all Victorian EnergyAustralia workers. Consequently, offers of employment for Victorian EnergyAustralia roles are conditional upon the successful candidate being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (or fully vaccinated including a booster vaccine) at the time of formal offer, or having a recognised medical exemption at the time of offer and providing satisfactory evidence of the same.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.