At EnergyAustralia we are committed to providing an inclusive culture, so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. We won 2021 Best Place to Work List, offer genuine flexible work arrangements, generous parental leave and prioritise our employees first for career development.
In addition, we offer a health and well-being program that includes yoga, pilates and EAP, two paid recharge days to enjoy an extra-long break or lounge at the beach, discounts on electricity and gas and lots more!
At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. As an employee you can enjoy some of our benefits across;
- Discounted Gas & Electricity through our Employee Energy Plan
- The opportunity to make a difference through volunteering and workplace giving schemes
- Energise Program whereby flexibility that is team centric enabling all individuals to agree and succeed tighter
- Access LinkedIN Learning in-house free training platform for professional development
- The option to purchase additional annual leave – up to 5 additional weeks per year
- Generous discounts for goods & services via our employee benefits program
About the Role
The role of Cyber Security Engineer is to develop and maintain security monitoring systems to help prevent breaches and leaks associated with cybercrime. This is one of the most critical aspects of ensuring EA’s cyber protection.
The role’s overall responsibility is to develop and maintain a continued service improvement program which ensures security systems are operating and reporting at full potential. This role will lead the assurance and management of security systems across EA in both Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) domains. The role will actively contribute to the wider CLP Group OT community.
This role is open to remote applicants. The successful applicant will be required to travel regularly to EA’s generation sites in Victoria, New South Wales, and South Australia, and should anticipate travelling an average of one week per month.
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years’ OT or IT experience:
- (IT): with Microsoft enterprise technologies including but not limited to Windows, Active Directory, TMG, IIS etc.; Open-source technologies such as Linux; virtualization technologies such as VMware and Hyper-V; and hands-on experience in TCP/IP networking, firewalls, VPN, intrusion prevention systems, network security monitoring, network vulnerability scanning.
- (OT): with OT systems and environments including DCS, SCADA, PLCs; OT solution providers such as Siemens, ABB, Schneider, Rockwell etc.
- Knowledge of security incident response.
- Experience in security operations centre coordination/management.
- Strong cyber incident investigation skills, and malware investigation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to gather and critically evaluate information and prepare written documents that clearly and concisely identify the issues presented and their proposed resolution.
- Experience of OT systems and environments including DCS, SCADA, PLCs, etc.
- Knowledge of OT solution providers such as Siemens, ABB, Schneider, Rockwell, etc.
- Experience in Windows and Linux environments is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Australian Energy Sector Cyber Security Framework (AESCSF).
- Familiar with best-in-class IT & ICS security technologies by leading suppliers such as Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Symantec, FireEye, and Juniper.
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
Please note, the Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Workers) Order 2022 (No. 2) issued by the Victorian Minister for Health on 12 January 2022, applies to all Victorian EnergyAustralia workers. Consequently, offers of employment for Victorian EnergyAustralia roles are conditional upon the successful candidate being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (or fully vaccinated including a booster vaccine) at the time of formal offer, or having a recognised medical exemption at the time of offer and providing satisfactory evidence of the same.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.