At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. As an employee you can enjoy some of our benefits across;
- Health and well-being program – online yoga, pilates and Employee Assistance Program
- Energise Program whereby flexibility that is team centric enabling all individuals to agree and succeed tighter
- Excellent company culture, down-to-earth and friendly organisation - be authentic, bring your whole self to work!
- 2 paid recharge days
- Volunteer days off to help charities to make a difference through volunteering and workplace giving schemes
- Employee discount on your electricity and gas, discounts on major brands and products
- Rich community history & participation in local events that fosters EnergyAustralia being an “Employer of choice”
About the role
Reporting to the Geotechnical & Geology Leader and located on the traditional lands of the Gunaikurnai people, this role is focussed on our commitment to maintaining safe, stable and sustainable landform during operational life of Yallourn Mine, during and post relinquishment. Your skills will be leveraged to help us manage the ground stability to support Yallourn Mine operations until planned cessation in 2028, Mine Rehabilitation planning and progressive implementation projects.
By joining our Mine Geotechnical and Geology Team the core deliverable will cover mine rehabilitation technical studies and support current Mine Operations whilst utilising advanced modelling techniques for future predictive analysis. The mine produces coal for the adjacent power plant with the key geotechnical engineering issues at the mine that must be managed to enable the successful operation are:
- Geotechnical batter stability
- Surface & groundwater management
What we’re looking for:
To be successful in this role whilst leveraging your natural passion working with people on all things engineering geology, we ideally are looking for;
- Experience/knowledge in Ground Control Management in Open Cut Mine
- Engineering Geology/Geotechnical mining experience ideally with coal but open to other mineral experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of hydrology/hydrogeology relevant to batter stability
- Experience in ground movement modelling. Knowledge/skills in groundwater modelling will be highly regarded
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite & Database Management
- Experience in GIS Software
- Experience/knowledge in Mine Relinquishment and Mine Regulatory Management
- Be self-driven/independent, but not afraid to ask questions
- Excellent communication skills that helps you build relationships with all stakeholders
- Be willing to learn, be mentored off senior engineers and be an active contributor to sharing knowledge
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering Geology or GeoTechnical engineering supports your initial career experience
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application. For a confidential discussion, please contact via email email@example.com.
Please note, the Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Workers) Order 2022 (No. 2) issued by the Victorian Minister for Health on 12 January 2022, applies to all Victorian EnergyAustralia workers. Consequently, offers of employment for Victorian EnergyAustralia roles are conditional upon the successful candidate being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (or fully vaccinated including a booster vaccine) at the time of formal offer, or having a recognised medical exemption at the time of offer and providing satisfactory evidence of the same.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome!