The Energy industry is undergoing a radical transformation. As one of Australia’s largest generators of electricity, we are stepping up to ‘light the way’ towards a cleaner energy future
About the role
The Business Analyst Stream Leader is a key leadership role within the business analysis practice. This position is responsible for leading a team accountable for the delivery of on time and to agreed quality of all requirement documentation assigned to them, as well as supporting the change and tech effort on-going. This role will focus on ensuring capabilities across Business and Technical Analyst roles are market-relevant to ensure appropriate services and resources for our Business, People & Project Planning, Project delivery teams are provided.
Key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop employees to create an environment in which business analysis practitioners across EnergyAustralia are engaged and contributing to the development of an effective Business Analysis practice.
- Build and manage a high performing team ensuring all key Business Analysis deliverables are met.
- Instate fit for purpose quality assurance checks of team members’ deliverables
- Support development and execution of CoE strategy
- Review of peer / team documentation for consistency and accuracy.
- Manage escalations as they arise in within stream working with the business analyst / project manager / stakeholder to resolve.
- Requirements gathering through workshops, interviews using relevant BA techniques.
- Provide high-level evaluation of requirements for business programs and projects.
What we’re looking for:
To be successful in securing this role, you have ideally demonstrated your passion for the areas of Business and Technical Analysis whilst also being proven to deliver in your project delivery commitments. You will be able to demonstrate your interest in pursuing a people management role and have a strong understanding of servant leadership, understanding the bigger picture, planning, strategic thinking, and understanding people.
You will also have:
- 7+ years’ experience as a BA or TA, 3+ years’ experience as a Senior/Lead BA or TA
- Strong leadership skills in building a culture of accountability, team work, customer focus and innovation within the business analysis practice
- Proven experience delivering on large complex enterprise engagements as a Lead/ Senior Business Analyst on business change.
- Working with Agile practices/Modern Ways of Working and associated skills including user story development
- Advanced Business Process Modelling experience with understanding of end to end process development.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills, as well as planning and organising skills.
- Makes clear decisions based on complex and conflicting information.
How to Apply:
For any queries not addressed in this advertisement, please contact John De Nava in the Careers team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal applications will close on Sunday 4th July at 5.00pm.