About the role
This role will see you join our high performing and supportive accounting professional continue Financial Accounting and Statutory reporting requirements of the company. You will lead activities for statutory reporting such as annual and half year statements, maintain collection mechanism from the business units for these reports and liaison with external auditors in highly professional, practical, and collaborative manners.
The Financial Accounting aspects of the role will see you provide commercially focused, technical accounting advice. Additionally, you will also maintain accounting policies, as required, that provide clear guidance on the accounting treatment and provide practical guidance for implementation.
What we’re looking for:
As this is an immediate start maternity leave cover, you will settle into the role quickly and competently if you already possess the below capabilities, skills and working style;
- CPA/CA qualified with related tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated advanced analytical, problem-solving and attention to details capabilities
- Exceptional business aptitude from working in similar roles in corporate workplaces
- Sound knowledge of standard financial systems, tools and passionate about best practice accounting
- Highly self-motivated, can priorities your day, work to strict deadlines and be flexible with unplanned work
- Commitment to your team colleagues, reporting manager and apply a collaborative and supportive style
- Willingness to learn new things, procedures and ask heaps of questions to build your business knowledge
At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture, so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging.
Some of our benefits include:
- The option to purchase additional annual leave – up to 5 additional weeks per year
- A generous paid parental leave policy
- Flexible working options, like working from home or flexible working hours
- Generous discounts for goods & services via our employee benefits program (travel, entertainment & shopping)
- Discounted Gas & Electricity through our Employee Energy Plan.
- ‘Dress for your day’ dress code policy
- The opportunity to make a difference through volunteering and workplace giving
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.