EnergyAustralia is committed to leading change in the energy sector. Driving this commitment is our NextGen business unit, whose purpose is to deliver growth in new and emerging business and lead the industry in the delivery of next generation energy solutions and services.
At the forefront of this change is our Distributed Resources team, which is leading the transformation of the energy grid from a one-way centralised energy network towards a two-way decentralised energy system. In doing so, the team will establish new business models and enterprise capabilities in DSP to a) deliver energy to customers at a lower overall cost, and b) support our wholesale portfolio with flexible capacity.
An outstanding opportunity exists for a technical & analytical professional to join us as a Network Solutions Design Lead, driving grid transformation. In this crucial role your key focus will be on the identification, design and delivery of innovative distributed energy and alternate network solutions such as Demand Response.
Specifically, you will:
- Identify, evaluate and scope commercially attractive and scalable DER solutions;
- partner with project teams, customers and NSP's on design of cost-effective DER solutions;
- drive the delivery of technical proof of concepts meeting quality, time and budget requirements;
- support the development of business and investment cases to stand-up new products;
- lead/support cross functional teams to influence regulatory and policy outcomes affecting DER solutions; and
- respond to expression of interests and progress negotiations for successful commercial outcomes;
This is an outstanding opportunity to be at the forefront of change and work with thought leaders to transform the energy industry. You’ll enjoy a high profile, strategic and commercial role and you’ll play a key part in ensuring the successful design and implementation of DER based solutions and integrated systems that will transform the energy grid.
Due to the nature and importance of this role, we are seeking candidates with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications such as Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics etc
- Experience with, and the understanding of Networks would be highly desirable!
- Particular interest and strength in working with, and interpreting big data is also highly desirable!
- A level of commercial interest and acumen around commercial analyses and business models
- Experience in identifying and delivering innovative commercial and engineering solutions for customers and/or networks.
You’ll be a customer focused innovator who uses their analytical, conceptual and business acumen to bring commercial opportunities to life. You will also possess a strong commercial background including business case development. You’ll have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills which enable you to effectively engage, influence and negotiate with a broad range of stakeholders to provide the best solutions for our customers.
How to apply
If your background, skills and interests align with this senior-level opportunity, and you’re passionate about creating a great place to work, we want to hear from you.
Please apply online by 9th March.
For a copy of the Position Description, simply view the advert on the EnergyAustralia careers site.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.