The Power Station Maintenance Alliance, consisting of EnergyAustralia Yallourn and Ventia, is accountable for the effective maintenance and repair of plant and machinery. The Maintenance function of the Power Station Alliance, consists of multidisciplined process teams (Boiler, Turbine-generator, Coal-Disposal, Combustion and Controls).
The purpose of each team is to ensure total asset management and maintenance of the nominated plant systems to meet the Alliance Team business plan.
About the role
This role provides leadership and guidance to the Coal Delivery team in developing and implementing a business plan, Life Maintenance Plans for the systems, management of people, SHE, finances and projects in a dynamic continuous operation. The role is required to respond to major challenges, market demands, lead change and innovation within the team, develop strategies for overall business improvement and seek endorsement through senior management, Alliance Board, and peers. The role will lead a multidiscipline engineering and maintenance team to ensure key power station plant systems perform to achieve Yallourn’s key objectives of safety, cost management and production in line with the business plan.
What we’re looking for:
Demonstrated experience working within a similar industrial environment where safety is a key aspect of the workplace culture and personal drivers. You will leverage your leadership skills across multidiscipline engineering and maintenance team offering a strong collaborative, supportive and learning culture for everyone to achieve their best everyday. Key performance outcomes are highlighted below;
- Leadership including, team objectives, performance management and engagement.
- Safety leadership, culture and effective workplace behaviours
- Manage multiple tasks concurrently in very dynamic heavy industry operational environment
- Good communication abilities in multiple formats from team level through to executive level
- Effective project management, planning and site communication experience
- Financial competency across both site and corporate budgets, plans and expenditure practices
At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. Some of our benefits include;
- Flexible working options, like working from home or flexible working hours
- Discounted Gas & Electricity through our Employee Energy Plan.
- The option to purchase additional annual leave – up to 5 additional weeks per year
- Generous discounts for goods & services via our employee benefits program (travel, entertainment & shopping)
- The opportunity to make a difference through volunteering and workplace giving
- A generous paid parental leave policy
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.