The energy industry is undergoing a radical transformation. As one of Australia’s largest generators of electricity, we are stepping up to ‘light the way’ towards a cleaner energy future.
About the role
This is a 12 month contract opportunity.
The Data & BI role within the Information and Analytics portfolio and CoE is to support Business Intelligence data solutioning along with the enablement of data liberation for the organisation. The role is required to lead in design, build, test and deployment of Data and Analytics solutions to support the business. The organisation is considering a program of work to re-imagine our Customer Business. This initiative will include:
- The creation of a new technology stack to support the customer business,
- Migration of the required data to the new platform, and
- To implement the necessary ‘change management’ processes to support the business utilising the new technology stack and associated processes.
This role will see you involved in:
- Being a point of contact & subject matter expert supporting, facilitating or delivering Customer Migration solution for a Business Transformation program of work
- Support and contribute towards strategy documents such as Data Reconciliation strategy and Data Quality strategy
- Prepare, review and delivery of dashboards that reflect Data profiling, Analysis, Data Cleanse and Data Assurance.
- Supporting the integration of data sources to provide a simplified and single source of truth
- Assisting in the execution of an enterprise wide approach to managing data, information and information governance
- Lead in design, build, test and deployment of Customer Migration solutions
- Collate area specific issues and develop data cleansing strategies to rectify and ensure alignment with new standardised business processes
- Provide visibility of cleanse progress through clear data cleanse KPIs for each relevant function/system
- Liaise with functional and technical teams to ensure cleansing remains aligned with other area requirements
What we're looking for
- Tertiary qualification in Information Systems or other related qualification
- The ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience in working with large and complex utility data sets.
- Prior experience in Australian Utility migration (in specific to Retail Business that has Electricity and Gas Customers)
- Exposure to customer analytics/ insights (mandatory)
- Experience working closely with business stakeholders (mandatory)
- Previous experience in analytics, data management and reporting roles.
- Working knowledge of BI/Data warehousing principles is essential.
- Excellent analytical skills including the proven ability to use and interpret complex information.
- Outstanding stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills across both customer service and stakeholder management
- Agile based data migration experience (desirable)
- Prior experience with AWS platform administration and python scripting to support data migration using S3 and RDS (desirable)
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
For additional information please reach out to Aoife.email@example.com.
Please note that this advertisement may be removed prior to the closing date should enough suitable applications be received.
All applications are to be submitted via the advertisement and not emailed directly to us. No agency assistance is required thank you.