EnergyAustralia provides smart, innovative energy solutions. To enable our customers to engage with us more effectively, we’re growing our internal team of front-end, back-end, and full-stack developers to help us expand our digital capability and deliver easy and effortless digital experiences.
The team is a cross-functional blend of front end, back end and full stack developers, who manage and own their applications from cloud infrastructure and services to CSS and design. Each team also has UI/UX, Product Owners, BA, Testers and Scrum Masters to support delivery.
About the role
You’ll be responsible for being a servant leader and inspiring a small scrum team of Digital Developers. Delivering Quality solutions is part of your ethos, you understand it is not good software unless there are automated tests to verify it.
Agile principles are second nature to you, process improvement, technical refinement and automation are implicit. You get a kick out of Mentoring junior team members by providing direction and guidance, to be inquisitive and innovative.
Collaboration should be your preferred way of working and you must be an excellent communicator to both technical and non-technical stakeholders alike.
Our tech stack includes (but isn’t limited to):
• Azure DevOps
• Microservices delivered using S3, Fargate, Kubernetes and Lambda
• Cypress/Mocha/Test Cafe
To be successful in this role and environment, you are a passionate Digital Lead Developer with a can-do attitude and demonstrated experience leading a successful small team.
In addition, you will possess the following:
- 5+ years experience in Drupal CMS and PHP within a large or progressive digital first organisation (essential)
- Hands-on experience as a full stack developer with strong front-end experience
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment, CI/CD, and automation testing
- Knowledge and experience implementing work design systems
- Knowledge and experience in Jenkins and/or Azure DevOps, Git
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interpret technical concepts and present them to non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrate experience mentoring and coaching junior team members
- Passionate with a focus on delivering quality outcomes
At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. Some of our additional benefits include:
There’s lots of great reasons to join our organisation, we’ll tell you more when we speak.
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
Applications will close on 4th May 2021