EnergyAustralia provides smart, innovative energy solutions for over 1.7 million customers. We’re excited about the amazing things energy can do. And we’re determined to drive positive change by leading and accelerating the clean energy transformation for all Australians.
About the role
Wholesale Risk is a team Market and Credit Risk specialists who can break down complex problems and measure the range of potential outcomes using in house built risk models.
We challenge our team members to build knowledge, share the knowledge with others and then move onto the next challenge. Characteristically your next work assignment will be something that you have decided is interesting and you want to learn more about. This might mean working directly with our Energy Traders to evaluate the risk of a trading strategy, developing code to support enhancement of our risk models or helping our finance teams to sharpen their estimates of what the mark to market on our trading books might look like over the coming months.
We are looking for an experienced analyst or lead who has limitless curiosity, will relish the opportunity to tap into the knowledge within the team and will share ideas and experiences that they have picked up along their outstanding career to date. Joining this team will be a career defining moment where you decide to jump into a complex environment, embrace the opportunity to get down in the detail and come out the other side an industry expert with the pick of opportunities such as trading, financial control, market modelling, load forecasting.
Reporting to the Wholesale Risk Leader, the nuts and bolts of the role are:
- Building risk models (Oracle R, Python) to evaluate the range of potential financial outcomes from EA’s hedging strategies
- Evaluating appropriate risk limits that enable our trading team to pursue commercial opportunities while limiting downside outcomes to a level consistent with EA’s risk appetite
- Forward curve construction and valuation of derivatives for mark-to-market purposes
- Independent risk reviews on structured transactions such as new build generation investments, new products and other transactions
This is a permanent role available on a full time or part time basis.
What we're looking for:
You will have strong quantitative and analytical skills with a commercial focus and the ability to work in a dynamic environment. In addition, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Strong technical skills with R, Python, VBA, Tableau, and SQL database queries all highly regarded
- Understanding of wholesale energy trading market – specifically derivative financial instrument valuations
- Experience of financial risk management tools, techniques and development of risk metrics including VaR, CFaR, EaR and stress test
- Strong problem-solving abilities, excellent analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to communicate complicated subjects
Recent Degree or equivalent in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative disciplines and related areas.
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.