The Energy industry is undergoing a radical transformation. As one of Australia’s largest generators of electricity, we are stepping up to ‘light the way’ towards a cleaner energy future.
It’s really exciting time to join the Data & Analytics team at EnergyAustralia. We’re building new cloud data & analytics capability and growing our team to really take advantage of the benefits that the cloud unlocks.
To bring this to life we’re growing and maturing our internal people capability to provide the best outcomes for both our customers and stakeholders; the solution set enables scale, low-latency, Data/DevOps, agility and flexibility ensuring we can deliver pragmatic, fit-for-purpose solutions to best suit the quickly changing needs. We need great people to make it happen, and this investment gives us the opportunity to welcome 15 new people to our already amazing team!
If you have a passion for data and analytics, and want to be part of building class-leading capability, then check out these roles and let us know which suits you!
About the role
We are currently looking to appoint two Technical Data Leads.
The roles lead our squads who are tasked with building, running, and supporting cloud-based data processing platforms, real-time workload and streaming dataflows. The Leads ensure that we are producing solutions which are aligned to business needs. Whilst these roles are stand-alone in nature, they will indirectly lead at team of 10-12.
Key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Implement solutions on cloud data platforms whilst following best practices within an Agile environment
- Support data engineers in their day to day tasks
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transact, transform and load data from a wide variety of data sources
- Leading the engineers technically and help resolve technical blockers for application-hosted in cloud environments, coach and mentor as appropriate.
- Work with the business to uncover their problems, understand their data needs, implement data science solutions and data architecture to support those needs and create value.
- Create and support data mappings between multiple databases across multiple platforms, data modelling, data profiling, query design, data flow design.
What we’re looking for:
To be successful in securing one of these roles, you come from a hands-on technical background (development) and are proficient in and passionate about all things data. You will have progressed to coaching, leading and developing others and enjoy helping others develop solutions for the business.
In addition you will have strong knowledge of:
- DataLake, Datawarehouse platforms such as AWS Redshift, and Snowflake
- Experience in S3, Lambda, StepFunction, SNS, SQS, AWS CLI and Terraform
- Hands-on experience and knowledge ov various data integration, BI and analytics tools Talend, Databricks and Airflow.
- Expert big data languages such as Java, Python, R, PySparc
- Expert SQL Skills
- Knowledge of implementing DevOps and CI/CD capabilities in a cloud-based data environment.
- Solid Agile experience.
- Project Management and strong stakeholder experience (essential)
At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging.
There’s lots of great reasons to join our organisation, we’ll tell you more when we speak.
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
Applications will close on Friday 22nd Jan 2021 5pm