The energy industry is undergoing a radical transformation. As one of Australia’s largest generators of electricity, we are stepping up to ‘light the way’ towards a cleaner energy future.
It’s really exciting time to join the Data & Analytics team at EnergyAustralia. We’re building new cloud data & analytics capability and growing our team to really take advantage of the benefits that the cloud unlocks.
To bring this to life we’re growing and maturing our internal people capability to provide the best outcomes for both our customers and stakeholders; the solution set enables scale, low-latency, Data/DevOps, agility and flexibility ensuring we can deliver pragmatic, fit-for-purpose solutions to best suit the quickly changing needs. We need great people to make it happen, and this investment gives us the opportunity to welcome 15 new people to our already amazing team!
If you have a passion for data and analytics, and want to be part of building class-leading capability, then check out these roles and let us know which suits you!
About the role
This purpose of this role is to build, run and support cloud-based data processing platforms, real time workload and streaming data flows in a large utility environment utilising automation.
Working on one of our major regulatory programs, 5 Minute Settlements (5MS) responsibilities include setting up and enhancing the portion of the platform dedicated to meter reads.
Assist with implementing and migrating on-prem solution to cloud as per the Energy Australia strategy.
This role will see you involved in:
- Understanding business requirements
- Ensuring developed services are running seamlessly
- Setting up different development / staging / production environments in the cloud and on premises.
- Help design, build and run cloud-based data processing platforms, real time workload and streaming data flows in a large utility environment utilising automation.
- Building continuous integration pipelines.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
- Ensuring monitoring, performance, reliability and quality of our data management application hosted in-cloud environments
- Working with key vendors to ensure understanding of and alignment with the chosen framework
What we’re looking for:
To be successful in securing this role you have:
- Experience in DataLake, DataWarehouse platforms such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake is highly desirable.
- Experience in S3, Lambda, StepFunction, SNS, SQS, AWS CLI, Terraform etc
- Strong skills with Java, Python, R, Sparc, Apache Airflow or similar languages
- You must have a high level of expertise in AWS and ETL (Talend) tools
- You must have hands on experience in DMS (Database Migration Service), Data Management, CICD, Github.
- Experience with Databricks and Apache Sparc is desirable.
- You will have demonstrated experience setting up new environments for projects and experience with cloud-based visualisation tools such as Tableau or similar.
- Strong knowledge of and in-depth experience with Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of networking and network security
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities (think out of the box)
- Certifications in AWS is essential
At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging.
Some of our benefits include:
- The option to purchase additional annual leave – up to 5 additional weeks per year
- A generous paid parental leave policy
- Flexible working options, like working from home or flexible working hours
- Discounted Gas & Electricity through our Employee Energy Plan.
- ‘Dress for your day’ dress code policy
- The opportunity to make a difference through volunteering and workplace giving
How to Apply
Please apply via the intranet.
For a copy of the job description please click her
For any queries not addressed in this advertisement, please contact email@example.com
Please do however, ensure that your application is submitted via the jobs portal and not to the email address listed on this advertisement as there is an application form to complete as part of the recruitment process.
Please note, internally these roles are known internally as DataOps Cloud Engineers.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.