The energy industry is undergoing a radical transformation. As one of Australia’s largest generators of electricity, we are stepping up to ‘light the way’ towards a cleaner energy future.
It’s really exciting time to join the Data & Analytics team at EnergyAustralia. We’re building new cloud data & analytics capability and growing our team to really take advantage of the benefits that the cloud unlocks.
To bring this to life we’re growing and maturing our internal people capability to provide the best outcomes for both our customers and stakeholders; the solution set enables scale, low-latency, Data/DevOps, agility and flexibility ensuring we can deliver pragmatic, fit-for-purpose solutions to best suit the quickly changing needs. We need great people to make it happen, and this investment gives us the opportunity to welcome 15 new people to our already amazing team!
If you have a passion for data and analytics, and want to be part of building class-leading capability, then check out these roles and let us know which suits you!
About the role
There are multiple Cloud Developer/Data Engineer positions available. The purpose of these roles is to lead the design, build, test and deployment of ETL and Analytics solutions . You will assist in leading (cloud) data engineering solutions as per approved programs and the IT Strategy.
In this role, you will be involved in the management and coordination of development delivery pertaining to transformation project specific work. This will include:
- Development on the AWS-based data solutions aligning to the platform standards.
- Design, develop and implement ETL solutions optimized to run in a cloud environment.
- Create data mappings, data modelling, data profiling, query design, data flow design etc.Ensure data is engineered according to standards and made available as for business use.
- Lead data engineering solutions to achieve business requirements.
- Ensuring that developed services are running seamlessly.
- Support and potentially lead data engineers in their day to day tasks.
- Work with key vendors to ensure understanding of and alignment with the chosen framework
What we’re looking for:
To be successful in securing this role you have:
- The ideal candidate will have proven and significant experience in delivering data engineering solutions.
- Extensive experience in Cloud Technologies - AWS Platform.
- Extensive experience and relevant skills / exposure in cloud engineering / analytics tools and applications (ETL - EMR, Databricks, DB – Dynamo DB, Redshift, Orchestration – Airflow etc).
- Experience in DataLake, Data-Warehouse platforms and components like S3/ EC2, Lambda, StepFunction is highly desirable.
- Experience in agile concepts and an agile mindset.
- Extensive experience with ETL frameworks, development lifecycle and testing competency.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities (think out of the box)
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
Applications will close Friday 22nd Jan 2021 at 5pm.