EnergyAustralia is one of Australia's largest energy companies supporting over 2.6 million household and business customers.
A fantastic opportunity now exists for an accomplished Health and Safety Professional to join the Health, Safety, Security an Environment (HSSE Team)in NSW. EnergyAustralia’s NSW assets include Mt Piper & Wallerawang (currently being decommissioned) power stations, Tallawarra gas-fired power station and Pinedale coalmine.
The assets are located across 2 geographical locations; Just west of the Blue Mountains, and on the side of Lake Illawarra. The role will be primarily based at the Mt Piper PowerStation
This leadership opportunity will see the successful applicant responsible for Health and Safety across EnergyAustralia’s NSW portfolio of assets. The role will offer a range of complex challenges associated with various implementation and continuous improvement initiatives within a stimulating landscape, which will form the foundation of EnergyAustralia's efforts to achieve a zero-harm culture. This role will also have a number of direct reports on-site at both the Mount Piper and Tallawarra PowerStations.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to the following activities
- Provide continued Health & Safety support and guidance to the PowerStation Managers in executing the HSSE Management System.
- Support the sites in appropriately managing all health and safety risks and always look to continually improve
- Assistance with the continual improvement and auditing of an enterprise-wide HSSE management system
- Ensure site compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and regulations
- Develop, implement and manage strategies that aid in the driving of a proactive health and safety culture
- Provide analyses and reporting in line with regulatory and corporate health and safety obligations and objectives, including reporting to the Board and Executive HSSE Committees
- Lead incident investigation and manage significant site health, safety and/or security incidents
Ideally your qualifications and experience will include a tertiary qualification in H&S, Risk or equivalent, experience with H&S management systems and relevant legislation, and proven capability operating at this leadership level. Heavy industry experience such as energy or utilities is also a must. You will be an effective people leader and problem solver, with demonstrated ability in leading change and transformation activities within Health and Safety.
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply' button to submit your application. The advertising will close at
For any questions, phone Adam DeCaria from the Careers Central Team on 0439 210 281.
Applications close Sunday 2nd Feb.