The energy industry is undergoing a radical transformation. As one of Australia’s largest generators of electricity, we are stepping up to ‘light the way’ towards a cleaner energy future.
The Business Project Services function is a centralised function of dedicated delivery experts, responsible for a professional services approach to project delivery.
The project and planning function are responsible for partnering with the business to analyse, review and shape solutions to meet their needs. This function is the front door for all change across projects and applications.
About the role
The Project Planning Lead is accountable for effectively and efficiently managing the estimation process, technical impact analysis and resource planning elements for future projects and initiatives within the allocated portfolio.
Each role will have a designated portfolio - Enterprise, Energy and Trading or Customer/Compliance and will work closely with stakeholders in these areas (senior and all levels). This role has high visibility across the portfolio in which you will be allocated, and such will require you to be a strong communicator, who is customer focussed and able to make effective decisions.
Other responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Understand the strategy, business objective and architecture vision to develop an agreed, prioritised program of work that reflects capacity and ability to successfully deliver
- Lead the capture of business objectives, scope and high-level requirements to support business case outcomes
- Liaise with resource leads and practice leaders to ensure required project resources are planned for
- Develops and executes regular reports on the portfolio to ensure key stakeholders are informed of current and future initiatives and priorities
What we’re looking for:
This is a unique role which requires a broad skill set someone that is a true T-shape resource. Whilst a background in project/program environment is required, this role is a consulting and partnership role, working closely with the business to ensure their needs are met.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects or programs in a similar role
- Experience as a Program Manager or Project Manager coupled with Lead Business Analyst experience
- Strong financial acumen as you estimate and cost fit for purpose solutions for the business
- Experience in the use of formal project delivery methodologies - Agile and Waterfall
- Outstanding demonstrated stakeholder management and relationship management skills
- Resilient with the ability to navigate through ambiguity and changing priorities
- Domain knowledge in energy markets and trading is highly desired
At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging.
Some of our benefits include
- The option to purchase additional annual leave – up to 5 additional weeks per year
- A generous paid parental leave policy
- Flexible working options, like working from home or flexible working hours
- ‘Dress for your day’ dress code policy
- The opportunity to make a difference through volunteering and workplace giving
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
For any queries not addressed in this advertisement, please contact Clara.allemand @energyaustralia.com.au.
Please do however, ensure that your application is submitted via the jobs portal and not sent to the email address listed on the advertisement as there is an application form to be completed as part of the recruitment process.
Applications will close on Tuesday 28th January at 5PM.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.