• Coach and mentor a small team
• ‘Dress for your day’ dress code policy • A strong culture that supports diversity and inclusion
EnergyAustralia provides smart, innovative energy solutions. To enable our customers to engage with us more effectively, we’re growing our internal team of front-end, back-end, and full-stack developers to help us expand our digital capability and deliver easy and effortless digital experiences.
About the team
The team is a cross-functional blend of front end, back end and full stack developers, who manage and own their applications from cloud infrastructure and services to CSS and design. Each team also has UI /UX, BA, Testers and Scrum Masters to support delivery.
You’ll be responsible for leading a small team of Developers within a Scrum team to deliver high quality digital solutions to enhance our customer experience. You’ll be a Servant Leader, allowing your team creative input while ensuring quality outcomes and advocating for best practice delivery.
This is a collaborative environment where we work to the Agile principles, focusing on our customer and evaluating our backlog of work including our technical debt for value.
We have experimented and innovated using technology including OpenIDConnect, Docker, Fargate, Serverless/Lambda, Angular 8 and reactive programming including NgRX.
Our tech stack includes (but isn’t limited to):
• Java 8-11
What we’re looking for:
To be successful in this role and environment, you’ll be passionate about your work and delivering outcomes for the customer and the business. You’re approachable, can connect with people and contribute to the culture in a positive and meaningful way.
In addition, you will have:
• Experience leading a team or teams of developers, either formally or informally
• Hands-on experience as a Developer in several of the above languages / platforms • Demonstrated experience in a complex environment (similar scale would be ideal) • Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively work with stakeholders at all levels • Experience in Agile environments
At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. Some of our additional benefits include:
• Developer-specified Macbook hardware and the environment to use it most effectively
• Discounted Gas & Electricity through our Employee Energy Plan • Generous discounts via our employee benefits program (travel, entertainment & shopping) • The opportunity to make a difference through volunteering and workplace giving • A generous paid parental leave policy
How to Apply:
If this is the role for you, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application. For a confidential discussion, please contact Clara Allemand on
Applications will close on Thursday 23rd January at 8.00 p.m.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees, to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it’s a workplace where everyone’s welcome.
Please ensure you apply via our website, not using the email address above, as you’ll need to complete our application form.