About the role
Reporting to the Physical Markets Lead, and being supported and mentored by Trading team members, the Physical Markets Graduate will undergo a 6-12 month training program within Physical Markets, gaining exposure to the wider Energy Trading function, and at completion aim to be a Physical Market Trader in the continually evolving energy spot market operations.
Please note: Physical Markets operate a 24/7 roster as per requirements of the spot energy markets. As such there will be a requirement for nights and weekend work, for which there is compensation.
Key duties and accountabilities
- Spot market optimisation by effective dispatch of EnergyAustralia electricity assets in the NEM and utilisation of gas supply arrangements in the East Coast wholesale gas markets
- Power station planning and availability management, including assisting in the co-ordination of plant outages so that the portfolio is optimised
- Market analysis and assisting in development of Physical Market trading strategy
- Support the development of small-scale computer based tools to improve spot market optimisation Work closely with regulatory and compliance team, assets and market operator to assist EnergyAustralia's compliance in the wholesale energy markets
- Effective communication with a wide range stakeholders including market operator, assets, internal and counterparties
What we're looking for
- Tertiary qualifications in a numeric discipline Engineering, Science, Finance or Economics (Please provide subject grades or copy of your results in your Resume)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, with proven advanced Excel skills
- Working experience preferred, not essential
- A particular interest in learning and developing within the Australian Energy Markets during a pivotal transitional phase
- Conceptual thinker and able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances a key feature of the dynamic wholesale energy markets
- Strong team ethos but ability to work autonomously
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply' button to complete the questions in the application form and submit your application. Applications will close 22nd July @ 11.55pm.
Upon review of your resume, should your application be successful to the next stage of our recruitment process, you will potentially be required to complete online assessments and a video profile.