EnergyAustralia is a highly regarded and progressive energy retailer. We provide smart, innovative energy solutions for over 1.7 million customers. We’re excited about the amazing things energy can do. And we’re determined to drive positive change. Our passion is to empower and energise Australians towards better energy use.
About the role
The Digital Tech Lead will lead multiple agile delivery teams, managing and coordinating solutions enabling teams to be their most effective. Our Tech Leads stay close to the code, reviewing merge requests, providing technical direction to solutions, leading guilds and mentoring teams.
Key Activities Include:
- Lead the technical delivery of solutions, ensuring alignment with architectural goals and business priorities.
- Manage and support the recruitment of developers within your teams
- Provide technical direction to enable the agile delivery of solutions for our customers.
- Maintain and improve design and coding quality frameworks and innovate on practices in delivery.
- Conduct technical & code design reviews and ensure appropriate standards are followed.
- People leadership – have authentic and honest conversations about how our developers are performing, celebrate success and help show how they could improve.
- Oversee unit testing and support User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is produced by technical teams.
What we’re looking for:
- A coder at heart – developers work best when speaking to technicians so being sharp with technology is important. Expect to have IntelliJ or VS Code open most days.
- Passion for new and updated technologies and the ability to take a development team “from here to there” incrementally.
- Leadership of development teams of up to 20 people across multiple scrum teams.
- Strong knowledge of customer facing cloud based digital solutions – especially built in AWS. Certifications are beneficial but not mandatory.
- Deep knowledge of building modern user interfaces in recent front-end frameworks such as Angular and React
- Some knowledge of building APIs, integrations and solutions in Java
- Experience leading solutions integrating with large core systems
- Strong understanding of DevOps concepts and implementations, including technologies such as Jenkins, Github/GitLab etc.
- Experience working in large scale agile environments, with SAFe an advantage.
How to Apply:
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply" button to submit your application.
For queries not addressed in this advertisement, please contact Rebecca Max in the Careers team via Rebecca.email@example.com.
Please do however, ensure that your application is submitted via the jobs portal and not emailed to the email address listed on this advertisement as there is an application form to be completed as part of this process.
Applications will close on the 26th July at 5.00 pm.