EnergyAustralia is one of Australia’s largest energy generators and retailers. We’re committed to providing Australians with affordable, secure and sustainable energy. We deliver on this commitment through managing and investing in a large portfolio of traditional and renewable energy generation assets.
About the Team
Our in-house Legal Team are business partners, welcomed as full members of leadership teams, included in ideas from origination to completion and sought out and listened to for more than just legal advice. In 2018 their tremendous contribution was formally recognised by ACC Australia when they were named Large In-House Legal Team of Year.
We’re now seeking an accomplished lawyer to join our Legal - Energy Team. Reporting to the Head of Legal - Energy, your key focus will be providing the legal expertise and advice necessary to effectively manage legal needs of existing generation sites and successfully develop new assets. Specifically, you will:
- contribute to energy projects including acquisitions, joint ventures and the development of gas and other flexible generation assets;
- support the generation assets across a broad range of legal matters including procurement, contract drafting, negotiations and dispute resolution;
- build strong partnerships with key stakeholders and proactively seek out better ways of achieving EnergyAustralia's objectives;
- develop and deliver training and share your knowledge with the legal team and key clients; and
- identify and deliver continual improvements, simplification and cost efficiencies within the Legal team.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a great team environment and take your career to the next level. You’ll work with senior leaders and executives on cutting edge initiatives that significantly and positively impact EnergyAustralia, the energy industry and the broader Australian community.
To be successful in this role you’ll be an accomplished lawyer with a strong background in M&A, project development, asset construction or similar. Ideally, you’ll have earned this experience in both leading law firms and in-house environments. You will also possess the proven ability to:
- work both autonomously and collaboratively and be self-motivated and confident;
- thrive in a fast-paced environment and concurrently manage a portfolio of small and large matters;
- provide legal advice that balances mitigating risk and being commercially sound and pragmatic; and
- combine “big-picture” and strategic thinking with being detail focussed and capable of spotting issues.
Most importantly you’ll possess exceptional relationship management and interpersonal skills which enable to you to engage, partner with and influence colleagues, internal stakeholders and a wide range of third parties.
To submit your application, click the "Apply" button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Mark Harrison from our Careers Team on 8628 1225 or firstname.lastname@example.org