Newport Power Station is a thermal intermediate-load plant conveniently and uniquely located on the west bank of the Yarra River, approximately 6km south-west of Melbourne CBD. It uses clean natural gas to generate steam in a boiler which supplies a three-stage steam turbine coupled to a generator to produce 510 MW.
About the Role
The Electrical Specialist is a newly created permanent Engineering opportunity based at site, responsible for the generation of asset management strategies and providing expert technical engineering support concerning HV and LV electrical plant at Newport Power Station.
This is a Monday to Friday role, based onsite at Newport.
What we’re looking for
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering and / or demonstrated relevant equivalent qualifications and /or experience.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the technical area of Electrical Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of generator performance standards and National Electricity Rule (NER) compliance
- Experience from power generation, or another applicable heavy industry setting.
- Demonstrated project management, contract administration and budget management skills.
- Experience with DCS would be advantageous, but not essential.
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Adam DeCaria on 0439 210 281. Advertising closes Sunday 30th June.
EnergyAustralia is a highly regarded and progressive energy retailer. We provide smart, innovative energy solutions for over 1.7 million customers. We’re excited about the amazing things energy can do. And we’re determined to drive positive change. Our passion is to empower and energise Australians towards better energy use.