EnergyAustralia is one of Australia's largest energy companies supporting over 1.7 million household and business customers. Our aim is to become a world-class retailer. Crucial to achieving this goal is our Finance division which provides the required commercial advice, financial control and accounting support to make this goal a reality.
About the Opportunity
An outstanding opportunity now exists for a Commercial Insights Analyst team to join our Commercial Finance Team. As an Insights Analyst you’ll partner with, and provide commercial support to, a number of projects and initiatives across both our Customer and Energy business units. You key focus will be to analyse and develop insights which assist senior stakeholders in improving financial performance, profitability and efficiencies. Specifically, you will:
- provide commercial support to high profile initiatives;
- enhancing our understanding of value drivers including, cost bases and profitability;
- identifying insights and trends on drivers of business performance (e.g. customer profitability, channels mix strategies, cost to serve).
- identifying and measuring industry benchmarks for financial measures.
- assisting with activity based costing analysis and linking non-financial data to financial outcomes;
- assisting with financial modelling and business case reviews; and
- partnering with analytics teams, subject matter experts, functional leads and senior leaders to ensure collaborative outcomes have broad sponsorship across the enterprise.
As Insights Analyst you'll enjoy a high-profile and influential role that will see you enjoy a broad range of work and provide senior leaders with crucial commercial support that drives EnergyAustralia’s success. You’ll possess outstanding analytical, problem solving and consulting skills as well as strong contemporary knowledge of financial systems,. Ideally you’ll have developed this experience in a large, complex and service focused industry where you’ve developed a strong knowledge of retail industries and customer profitability divers.
In addition to these technical skills you’ll be results focused, self-motivated and confident. More importantly, you'll be an outstanding team player who drives outcomes and uses your superior communication and stakeholder management skills to engage, influence and negotiate with others to achieve desired results.
If you're up for the challenge and possess the skills and experience to be successful, then we want to speak with you. Apply today using the link below or for a confidential discussion please contact Charis Turner in our Careers Team at email@example.com or on 0386 281 396.