Health and Safety Advisor – Hallett
Energy Australia's Hallett Power Station is in the mid-north of South Australia near Jamestown, approximately 200 kilometres north from Adelaide.
The power station is a gas fired peaking plant with 12 GE frame-style units and associated balance of plant – with an additional aeroderivative turbine being added to the site currently.
About the Role
The key focus of this max-term (12 months) Health and Safety Advisor role is to provide a safe environment for all individuals who access the Hallett Power station, including our own staff, contractors and those specialists working on the Hallett Re-Power Project (GE LM2500 installation and commissioning).
The power station has a number of key outage and construction projects in 2019 and requires an experienced construction health and safety advisor to assist the site with the successful implementation and monitoring of hazard identification and risk management principles.
Thus, the role will have a key focus on safety during the station’s Outage program and construction projects.
- Hazard identification and Risk Management
- Auditing and Inspecting
- Compile and issue regular site safety reports
- Contractor liaison and inductions
- Outage Safety Program and contractor management
- Delivering training/presentations
- Assisting with tendering processes related to safety
- Ensuring compliance to EnergyAustralia’s Safety Management System(s) and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensuring compliance to applicable legislative and regulatory requirements
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working in a similar role within a Power Station, Heavy Industrial, Mining or Construction environment/s.
- Contractor management process during Major Projects, Outages etc.
- Liaised and negotiated with internal and external regulatory authorities.
- Co-ordinated and conducted internal audits.
- Certified First Aid/CPR Trainer – preferred but not essential.
- Ability to recognise hazards onsite and provide advice to control these effectively and safely.
How to Apply:
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Adam DeCaria on 0439 210 281. Applications close Monday the 29th April at 11.55pm.