EnergyAustralia is one of Australia's largest energy companies providing smart, innovative energy solutions for 1.7 million customers. We are in an exciting transformation and are committed to becoming a world-class organisation with the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The Analysis Team are responsible for managing, enhancing and extending EnergyAustralia’s electricity, gas and green wholesale market analysis and modelling capabilities. This ensures that planning, trading, strategy, pricing and policy decisions are informed by an in depth understanding of market drivers and directions.
The Wholesale Pricing Analyst role manages and maintains pricing models to produce optimal and timely transfer pricing outputs for different customer groups.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Running the pricing models to produce timely and accurate electricity, gas and green transfer prices
- Developing new pricing methodologies and processes to reflect changing energy market conditions and trends
- Liaising with Trading and commercial sales teams to ensure model inputs are updated and producing accurate pricing outputs
- Managing and maintaining relevant pricing models for electricity, gas and green pricing
- Ensuring pricing models and processes support quick turnaround of prices
- Troubleshooting and remedying any pricing process or model issues
To be successful in securing this role, you are an experienced Pricing/Commercial Analyst who has experience in wholesale energy pricing.
In addition, we are seeking:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant numerate discipline (e.g. Maths, Economics, Finance, Science, IT or Engineering)
- Knowledge of the wholesale electricity, gas and green markets
- Considerable experience in energy pricing
- Advanced skills in the use of MS Excel
- Hands on modelling experience and a track record in using appropriate analytical tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the use of SQL and VBA would be advantageous
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply" button to submit your application.
For any queries not addressed in the advertisement, please contact Rebecca Max via Rebecca.email@example.com.
Applications will close on the 24th of May at 5.00 pm.