EnergyAustralia is a highly regarded and progressive energy retailer. We provide smart, innovative energy solutions for over 1.7 million customers. We’re excited about the amazing things energy can do. And we’re determined to drive positive change. Our passion is to empower and energise Australians towards better energy use.
About the Role
This is a permanent role located onsite at our 510MW Newport Power Station, Melbourne.
Reporting directly to the Plant General Manager, this leadership role will be responsible for providing engineering, project management and risk management leadership to the plant.
Initially, the primary task will see the successful candidate have an overall accountability for the 2020 Newport plant outage. This role will also act as an ‘understudy’ or ‘successor’ to the onsite Engineering and Maintenance Manager, responsible for longer-term capability, reliability and statutory compliance of the Newport Power Station.
Key activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Lead and oversee the formation, planning and execution of technical plant projects to deliver business outcomes and the Major 2020 Outage at Newport;
- Provide leadership, guidance and technical support for projects and outages during the planning and execution phases;
- Lead the development, delivery and application of Asset Management principles at Newport;
- Provide support and coverage for the Newport Engineering Leader;
- Oversee the management of external contractors and suppliers associated with the major outage work;
- Ensure full compliance with relevant plant statutory requirements, technical standards, policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant engineering qualifications would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in Engineering in modern thermal power station plants including operational and maintenance processes.
- Ability to apply statutory requirements in areas of plant, risk, safety and environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Asset Management and lifecycle maintenance plans, administering and managing outages at major thermal stations.
How to Apply:
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Adam DeCaria on 0439 210 281.
Applications will close Sunday 28th April - you may not hear from us until after this date.