At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. As an employee you can enjoy some of our benefits across;
- Access LinkedIn Learning in-house free training platform for professional development
- The option to purchase additional annual leave – up to 5 additional weeks per year
- Generous discounts for goods & services via our employee benefits program
- Awarded Winner 2021 Best Place to Work List
- 2 paid recharge days
About the Role
Energy Australia is currently undergoing a major transformation in all aspects of our data and digital environments. As a result of this we have established a “Data and Analytics Office” and it is this team that will take a lead role in how we develop and deliver a best-in-class Analytics capability.
The “Principal Data Scientist” role is critical to this ambitious data modernisation agenda. As such this role will need to bring deep statistical and Machine Learning technical leadership, people leadership, and influencing & consulting skills to bear.
This role will provide you the opportunity to develop and implement frameworks that establish how teams across Energy Australia adopt and leverage data science capability, establishing how we best develop, test & learn, and implement models across our AWS eco-system.
In addition to leading the establishment of these enterprise capabilities, the role will also be focused on actively discovering and delivering business outcomes through analytics – working closely with our data colleagues in Customer, Markets, Energy, Finance.
In addition, you will have a small team of dedicated data science professionals to manager and mentor, and take a lead role in developing a community of data scientist across the organisation.
What are we looking for
- Previous experience in a similar role in which you have developed diverse strategies that drive the understanding, adoption and value of Data Science outcomes
- Strong skills in using statistical modelling and ML (5 years+), with evidence of tangible business value realisation, and proven experience developing frameworks that unite community members into a cohesive & efficient way of working.
- Hands on skills using a wide range of language tools such as python, r, sql and pyspark, and a variety of analytical and machine learning techniques – applying the best fit for solving business questions/problems
- Experience in cloud-based analytical eco-systems – including experience with the quickly evolving cloud analytics tools and platforms and how these integrate with business processes and outcomes for value (ideally AWS or Databricks)
- Experience managing small teams of Data Science professionals
- An ability to foster a strong community of data science professionals to share knowledge, learning, and value contribution
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
Please note, the Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions issued by the Victorian Acting Chief Health Officer on 7 October 2021, apply to all Victorian EnergyAustralia workers. Consequently, offers of employment for Victorian EnergyAustralia roles are conditional upon the successful candidate/s being either partially vaccinated for Covid-19 (with a second vaccination booked prior to 26 November 2021), fully vaccinated for Covid-19, or having a recognised medical exemption at the time of offer and providing satisfactory evidence of the same.
We are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, it is a workplace where everyone is welcome.