EnergyAustralia is a highly regarded and progressive energy retailer and we own and operate energy generation facilities across southern Australia. We provide smart and innovative energy solutions for over 1.7 million customers. We’re excited about the amazing things energy can do. And we’re determined to drive positive change. Our passion is to empower and energise Australians towards better energy use.
About the Role
An opportunity now exists to join the Commercial Finance team as a Finance Analyst reporting in to the Finance partner.
The mandate of the Business Unit is to provide the financial stewardship, control, risk management and insights into business performance.
The purpose of the team is to provide reporting, insights, advice and support for driving performance, decision-making, target setting, budgeting and forecasting to ensure delivery of the EnergyAustralia strategy.
In this influential role you’ll partner with key stakeholders and provide expertise and insights to the Customer Business Unit.
• Support the completion of the Financial plan and detailed budgets that support the strategy and business plan
• Establish, track and deliver the processes to deliver all planning activities for Customer
• Provide the models and tools to deliver the financial plans and budgets
• Ensure budgets are aligned with KPI’s and clear accountabilities for delivery of the budget
• Provide financial and commercial advice and direction, including business cases
• Provide insight into the underlying drivers of financial performance
• Align reporting and analysis of operational business drivers which are linked to financial outcomes
• Drive performance improvements through insights and direction
• Provide financial and Commercial due diligence, tracking and reporting of investments
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate outstanding commercial, analytical and numerical skills and your well-developed experience with operating cost analysis, models and structures will also be highly regarded. You will also have strong experience in commercial finance and/or a planning and reporting role, with the ability to work closely with business owners to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of Annual Budgets, monthly financial reporting and ongoing forecasts.
Additionally, you will possess:
• tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance, economics
• current CA or CPA qualifications
• a high degree of commercial / business acumen
• the ability to influence and challenge the business
• the ability to develop trust-based relationships with stakeholders
• Strong data analytical skills and building and operational financial models
How to Apply
Click on the relevant link below to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Applications close on Friday the 22nd of February 2019.