EnergyAustralia is a highly regarded and progressive energy retailer. We provide smart, innovative energy solutions for over 1.7 million customers. We’re excited about the amazing things energy can do. And we’re determined to drive positive change. Our passion is to empower and energise Australians towards better energy use.
About the Role
An exciting max term opportunity for 12 Months exists for a Procurement Lead based in Melbourne. You will be part of a high performing team accountable for providing the commercial stewardship of sourcing and major contract development projects, maintaining the quality of commercial and service outcomes across the end to end procurement lifecycle.
This role will lead procurement activity for capital projects and the procurement of goods and services for EnergyAustralia’s generation sites, located in Mt Piper, Wollongong (NSW), Latrobe Valley (Vic) and Hallett (SA). Frequent travel is required and you will need your own transport to travel to our regional Victorian sites.
In addition to the above, you will:
- Develop sourcing strategies in consultation with the business which deliver value and drive optimisation and cost-effective solutions.
- Build strong supplier partnerships and influence change within the business through excellent stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Prioritise and lead sourcing projects.
- Apply fit-for-market sourcing levers and a rigorous, cross-functional, managed project approach to sourcing opportunities of commercial significance.
- Champion Procurement’s internal profile as a function that delivers excellence in commercial insight, communication and change management.
- Ensure effective use of procure to pay modules.
- Encourage stakeholder compliance to the Procurement policy and procedures and support any audit remediation that may be required from time to time.
- Ensure that the benefits sought from strategic vendors are both delivered and optimised.
What we're looking for:
- Procurement professional with energy, industrial and/or mining experience
- Deep knowledge of the end-to-end procurement process and associated value levers, and the commercial maturity to adapt the process to the market conditions, including commercial negotiation & contracting experience
- Experience in Category Management and Sourcing – preferably in a Tier 1 organisation
- Well-developed communication, presentation and writing skills with the ability to communicate to all levels internally and externally
- Well-developed numerical, analytical and modelling skills with a focus on developing actionable insights
- Enthusiastic and resilient change agent
- Capacity to lead cross-functional project teams through sourcing activities, and to develop rigorous contract documentation
- Demonstrated capacity to influence stakeholders and facilitate change, including challenging the status quo and a willingness to think outside the square and deliver innovative solutions
- Results oriented and the ability to work accurately and deliver to timescales set
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional looking for a challenging role to develop their career where you can make your mark and deliver sustainable benefits for the business.
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply" button to submit your application.
For a copy of the job description please visit our careers page on our website at www.energyaustralia.com.au. For any enquires not addressed in the PD, please contact Karen Vincent on email@example.com