The Yallourn Power Station is a 1480MW base load generating plant, and is part of the diversified range of EnergyAustralia assets, located in picturesque Gippsland, approximately 130kms east of Melbourne.
The station supplies approximately 22% of Victoria's electricity needs, approximately 8% of the National Electricity Market (NEM) and enough to supply around two million homes.
As a result of internal movement, we are currently seeking an experienced people leader for the role of Operations Team Leader (OTL), otherwise known as a Generation Shift Manager. This is a 12 hour shift role, managing a team of Power Station Operators with varying levels of experience and technical capability.
Operations Team Leaders play a key managerial role on site. All team leaders are expected to assume responsibility for the following:
- Act as the Yallourn site leader after hours and on weekends
- Display exceptional commitment to building and maintaining high performance teams.
- Meet health and safety, environmental and statutory requirements
- Development of team technical and operational expertise and capability
- Drive production and financial objectives
- Protects the integrity of plant and equipment
As an Operations Team Leader, you're expected to understand the station's business objectives, to initiate strategies and activities to achieve them. You are required to be courageous in identifying and overcoming obstacles to the achievement of those objectives.
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and experience:
- The ability to lead, motivate and coach individuals and a group, with a proven track record in doing so ideally within a power station or other form of heavy industry operations/process environment;
- Interpersonal skills which facilitate quality information exchange;
- High Risk Boiler and Turbine Licences would be an advantage but not mandatory;
- A sound understanding of the production processes used in a coal fired thermal power station;
- A sound understanding of the interaction between production and financial outcomes in a market portfolio context;
- The ability to manage the plant to optimise overall business outcomes;
- A commitment to the continuous improvement of Health and Safety and Environmental outcomes;
- The ability to work in a team to promote the achievement of Operations and station objectives.
A common law contract with competitive salary package and a range of non-salary benefits is on offer for this role.
Apply online using your CV and a brief covering letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role. For any specific question, phone Adam on 0439 210 281.
Closing date is Sunday 17th Feb at 11.55pm.