Work type: 10-month max-term contract.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and talented Turbine Auxiliaries/Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering Team based at the Coal-Fired Mt Piper Power Station located near Lithgow in NSW.
The Power Station is an integral part of EnergyAustralia’s Generation portfolio and plays an important role in delivering safe, efficient and reliable energy to our customers.
This position will be accountable for, but will not be limited to the following:
- Ensure the timely development, implementation strategic Asset and Maintenance Plans for the Turbine house, station cranes, Turbine Auxiliaries, including Circulating Water Pumps, Cooling Towers, Condensate Pumps, Feed Heating Systems, CO2 and Hydrogen Plant, Distilled Water Plant and Stator Water Plants, Diesel generators which actively promotes optimal plant performance and balances risk against cost
- Undertake sound analysis of complex performance data sets and develop systems (databases, spread sheets, procurement of software) to fully understand the health of the plant, in support of general plant decision making, the development of Asset Plans and risk mitigation techniques.
- Proactively support team members when troubleshooting plant failure and plant performance issues by providing technical expertise and guidance, including for safety initiatives, and actively participate in team multi-skilling initiatives.
- Initiate reports (plant performance, efficiency, availability) and information.
- Provide input into short term and long term budgets specific to Turbine Auxiliary Plant.
- Provide detailed plant condition and assessment reports to support the development of Asset and Maintenance plans.
- Apply sound project and contract management skills in support of the Asset Plan for Turbine Auxiliary Plant.
What we’re looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications at minimum Degree Level in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and / or equivalent qualifications and /or experience.
- Substantial knowledge of design, plant, systems and operating, planning and maintenance methods used thermal power stations or heavy industry.
- Substantial financial management and budgeting experience.
- Substantial experience in applying and ensuring compliance with WHS and environmental legislation and standards.
- Substantial knowledge of power station plant life limiting factors and experience in setting frameworks to strategically manage plant operations to optimal levels.
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply' button to submit your application. Please apply using your CV and a brief covering letter explaining your current situation, motivation for applying and suitability for the vacancy. For any queries contact Adam DeCaria on 0439 210 281.
Advertising closes Sunday 17th Feb.