Operating semi-autonomously and reporting to the Asset Manager, the Asset Services Team Leader provides leadership and guidance to a support team focused on the provision of Reliability, Condition Monitoring, Electrical Compliance, Asset Services Business, Asset and Technical support services.
This is a technical leadership role, analysing, reporting, developing and implementing maintenance management and reliability/condition monitoring systems, procedures and processes. The role includes the overview management of electrical compliance requirements across the site and ESMS.
As the Asset Services Leader, you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a small team of engineers, technicians and other asset support staff
- Leading the team’s health & safety cultural, and ensuring safety standards are not compromised
- Leading change and encourage innovation within the team, developing strategies for overall business improvement
- Ensuring that relevant documentation, procedures and other documentation are current, reflecting all implemented modifications, risks and requirements to meet Power Station end of life objectives.
- Annual development of the Team Business Plan - In conjunction with maintenance Teams, Accountable for monthly forecasting against business plan.
- Ensuring company initiatives and communications are effectively implemented and conveyed within the team
Due to the nature of this role, we are seeking candidates with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Established people leadership experience, including setting team objectives, performance management and driving change;
- Exceptional demonstrated communication and rapport building capability;
- Proven financial and project leadership acumen;
- Engineering / industrial background – Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Experience leading within an Industrial setting, dealing with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders
Please note: The Asset Services Leader generally work during the day, Monday to Friday, unless plant issues or projects dictate otherwise.
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Adam DeCaria on 0439 210 281.
Applications close 31st May - Preference will be given to applicants from the Latrobe Valley Region.