The Community & Sponsorship team is located in the Reputation business unit and is responsible for building social purpose for the organisation with employees, customers, government and stakeholders.
The team facilitates programs that bring to life EnergyAustralia’s value of ‘doing the right thing’ and allows our staff across the business to directly contribute to this. It provides strategic support to business units at Asset and development sites to identify and manage its community and social impacts.
EnergyAustralia is a highly regarded and progressive energy retailer. We provide smart, innovative energy solutions for over 1.7 million customers. We’re excited about the amazing things energy can do. And we’re determined to drive positive change. Our passion is to empower and energise Australians towards better energy use.
About the role
The purpose of the Community Relations Lead is to understand the social, cultural and economic implications of EnergyAustralia operations and projects in the Lithgow region, identify shared value opportunities and mitigate negative impacts.
Key activities include:
- Strategy development, advisory and implementation
- Risk assessment and Issues Management
- Stakeholder Advocacy & Engagement
- Creating both written and verbal communication for engagements and presentations
- Performance monitoring and reporting
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in community relations, with direct stakeholder contact.
- Strong community relations communication skills.
- Ability to relate to and engage with diverse range of stakeholders with varied cultural, social and economic backgrounds/interests.
- The ability to guide/influence the business on managing social impacts/issues .
- Proficient in planning, program management, organisation and administration tasks.
- Experience in research and development of Power Station asset community impacts and management/mitigation plans would be highly regarded.
This is a 24 month contract.
This role will be located at our Mt Piper plant however will work with key stakeholders and locals in surrounding areas.
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply" button to submit your application.
For any queries contact Bianca.Jenkins@energyaustralia.com.au or (03) 8628 1645.